Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shetland Tencel

As purchased.
Dying it green the first time: too bright.
Second try is just right!
Singles on the spool
2-ply in sunlight
Spinner: Rebecca
Fiber: 50/50 Shetland Tencel purchased at Black Sheep Gathering in June, 2006 from SPORFARM (no website). 4 oz were $10. We were curious how it would take dye; we used Mother McKenzies Miracle Dye both times, and made it way darker the second try. Results: 3.7 oz and 370 yards of 2-ply.

Dying it periwinkle and purple
Spinning it 2-ply together

Spinner: Peggy
Fiber: 50/50 Shetland Tencel purchased at Black Sheep Gathering in June, 2006 from SPORFARM (no website). 4 oz, half dyed periwinkle and half purple and then spun and 2-plied. Results: 3.8 oz and 304 yards.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Gorgeousness.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, but you guys do nice work. Beautiful, beautiful yarn. I AM going to knit up that green you gave me, R, once of these days, when I get my knitting muse back (she's on hiatus for a while, methinks). EmBe (yes, I'm still here...)

Carrie said...

Wow, that tencel came out beautifully. You guys taking knitting to a whole new level. Nice work!

Quail Hill Knits said...

Beautiful colors and beautiful dye job.

Naomi said...

Hello from Bonaire. I was leaving on comment last Friday when all of a sudden as I hit publish - my internet connection went down. Greg had turned off our network! I was doing last minute(very last minute) blog comments! I didn't get yours posted though!

I was saying "WOW!"!!!

vanessa said...

the sheen the sheen, i need my shades ;-)

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

Wow, what a great blend ... and the dyeing really pops the fibers! Let me start making my shopping list for Black Sheep '08 now ...