Monday, February 04, 2008

Dancing Leaves Lace Shawl

Blocking tools: lump of damp shawl,
towels on rug, pins and blocking wires.

Blocked out to about 25"
from collar to cuff.
Close-up with beads
FO
Knitter: Peggy
Yarn and needles: 900 yards of a
Rambouillet/Angora blend from pal Evanne; size 5.5 mm circular needle.
Pattern: Evelyn Clark's Dancing Leaves Lace Shawl, available on her website.
Project Notes: Knitting began January 6th, 2008 and finished January 27th. Choosing a pattern fabulous enough to go with this incredible yarn was challenging and then choosing beads to go with the yarn was intense. I ended up with #6 seed beads in 24k gold plate, 366 of them, from Fusion Beads in Seattle. The finished product: so warm, so cozy! The Friday Knitters passed it around at show-n-tell, trying it on as it circled the envious and now everyone wants to knit one. It fit every body type and looked great.
Evanne modeled for the FO photos.

6 comments:

Monika said...

This is a stunning shawl!

Anonymous said...

Peggy, It's absolutely beautiful! And the beads are perfect. Great job!

That's my next project BTW. I've got some Fleece Artist Blueface/Suri in pale green/blue. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

That came out well. The bead work was an especially nice addition.

Rabbitch said...

Oh, that's ~nice~! I'm very impressed.

SYLVIE said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! You've done a great job.

Bets said...

I ran across your blog and would appreciate any help you could give me. I'm working on the Dancing Leaves Shawl and am having trouble. I'm wondering if you had any troubles knitting it and, if so, if you could help me. I did the first repeat off of chart two and the pattern didn't line up right. Did you have any problems with this? I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks
Bets