Monday, August 10, 2009

Sock Summit 2009, part 1

We had a great time at Sock Summit 2009.
We ran into so many friends that we are hard pressed
to think of who wasn't there...oh yeah, Ryan.

Here's the Market, which is why we went:

Peggy at Enchanted Knoll Farm. They came to
Portland Or from Portland Maine. cool.

Peggy, Linda K and I sat together while over
900 of us knit at the same time on two straight needles
and set the Guinness World Record for the number
of knitters knitting at the same time. cool.

Speaking of knitting at the same time,
here's a crazy man knitting 7 pairs of socks on one circular needle
which is over 100" long. This is at the Skacel booth.
We met Ellen, of Twinset.
She went to the Ravelry Meetup but we headed home.
Yes, we bought yarn. That's an entry all it's own.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Your mention of me--very, very special. You have no idea. Smooches to both of you. If there were an emoticon for a heart, it would be right about....here.

Bonnie Rose said...

Hi Guys,

I thought you both would be there... boy am I green with envy! But, I need to save my $$$ for Oregon Flock & Fiber as well as SOAR this year.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I won't be at the meeting this Saturday (I'm at Homegrown 2009 in Marysville) so I'll have to hear about it all next time I see you.
Cheers,
Bonnie

twinsetellen said...

It was so great to meet you both! Now it's time to go get a post up on my blog, too.

twinsetjan said...

I sure wish I could have been in that last photo with you three! Glad you had such a good time!