Thursday, January 10, 2008

Artful Ewe Green Shetland

Roving and Singles
3 hanks of 2-ply

Spinner: Rebecca
Fiber: 100% Shetland, hand-dyed by and purchased from Heidi Parra of The Artful Ewe in Port Gamble, Washington. Heidi also has a blog, which has wonderful photos of her shop.
Results: Spinning began November 6th, 2007 and ended on November 18th, 2007 with 1600 yards of 18-20 wpi 2-ply. I'm stumped for a project to knit with it because that's a lot of yarn. It is probably the best spinning I've done and I owe it to the fiber, which was wonderful to spin. If you have the chance to get hand-dyed Shetland from Heidi, go for it. You won't be sorry. Hey! She's going to be vending at Madrona again this year! You could get some there, or you could stop in at her shop on the weekends, which is when she's open. Or you could just call her and find out what colors she has right now.

7 comments:

PICAdrienne said...

Oh, how beautiful. That yarn does not need a project, just a crystal and silver bowl to display it. Is it as soft as it looks? Do you just pet it?

Naomi said...

Wow. I want to spin! I bet you brought it tonight and I didn't go because I'm doing homework! I was so bummed I missed seeing you Monday night!!!!

Amazing. You are just amazing. Someday I'll be able to spin like that. Someday.

Anonymous said...

Geez, this is gorgeous! Was it orginally Judith Shetland that Heidi dyed or Heidi's own? Man!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, that is so beautiful. Great job.

Melanie said...

The gorgeous stuff just keeps coming! That's so pretty and so beautifully spun. I'm downright jealous.

I hope there's some of Heidi's luscious stuff left by the time I get there.

Denise said...

Yowza - that yarn is so gorgeous.

I can feel my previously firm resolve to avoid the Madrona market wavering already...

Monika said...

Oh, my, that's some gorgeous yarn! Totally love the colors! I'm so jealous!