Thursday, January 25, 2007

Artful Ewe





Details

Fiber: Purchased from Artful Ewe in Kingston, WA last November, 2006. 50/50 superwash merino and alpaca, dyed by Heidi Parra with Mother MacKenzie's Miracle Dyes (non-toxic and environmentally friendly and available at Artful Ewe) and bonus: Heidi and Judith MacKenzie will be in Tacoma today and through Sunday for the Madrona Fiber Arts event at the Sheraton. They're sharing a booth in the Market. Come. Get some fiber and some dye!

16 0unces spun between December 15th and January 20th.

3 hanks for a total of 1250 yards at approximately 14 wpi, also known as sport weight. That's enough for a vest! I've never spun enough yarn for a whole vest before...this is cool! Or I could make a really big shawl, 'cause I need another shawl....

5 comments:

Rabbitch said...

Ooh, that's yummy.

Carrie said...

That was so neat, seeing the pictures of each step of the process. It came out beautifully! I love it. That's a lotta yarn to spin.

Charity said...

I just love your shawls and the yarn you are able to spin! I had a delightful time sitting with your group at Madrona this past Thursday. I've now added the swallowtail shawl to my To-DO project list this year!

Naomi said...

See what you have done??? I must spin. I look forward to seeing what you create with this beautiful yarn! Maybe *someday* I'll be able to create yarn like this...maybe!

vanessa said...

gorgeous yarn!
thanks for talking me into playing hookie saturday afternoon, it was much more fun hanging with the 2 of you :-)